Skip to content
- Support and extend the skills children develop as they become familiar with simple equipment, such as twisting or turning a knob.
- Draw young children’s attention to pieces of digital apparatus they see or that they use with adult supervision.
- Talk to children about their uses of technologies at home and in other environments to begin to understand what they already know about and can do with different technologies.
- Ask open-ended questions and have conversations about children’s interest in technological toys to enable children to learn about different technologies.
- Support children to be curious in grappling with cause and effect, e.g. learning that pulling a string may make a puppet arm lift.