- Provide small groups of the same objects in treasure baskets, as well as single items.
- Provide opportunities for babies to move freely on carpets, grass etc. Observe and sensitively support babies’ play and give them long stretches of uninterrupted time to explore.
- Provide low mirrors to support babies to develop a body awareness.
- Provide interestingly shaped objects to explore.
- Make towers for children to knock down using objects that stack.
- Plan for adults to have time to enjoy repetitive activities with babies.
- Provide resources with high-contrast patterns.
- Provide a range of objects of various sizes and weights in treasure baskets to excite and encourage babies’ interests including larger and smaller items.