Skip to content
- Support children to gain confidence in their own way of representing and sharing ideas.
- Be aware of the link between children’s imaginative play and how they develop a narrative structure.
- Recognise and promote children’s agency in expressing their unique and subjective viewpoint through the arts.
- Support children in communicating through their bodies by responding to, and sometimes joining in with their expressive movement linked to their imaginative ideas.
- Introduce descriptive language to support children within the context of their own imaginative experiences.
- Celebrate children’s imaginative ideas and creations by sharing them, e.g. impromptu performances, learning journeys with families, display documentation, digital portfolios.