Skip to content
- Use parents’ knowledge to extend children’s experiences of the world
- Support children with sensory impairment by providing supplementary experience and information to enhance their learning about the world around them.
- Arouse awareness of features of the environment in the setting and immediate local area, e.g. make visits to shops or a park.
- Use conversation with children to extend their vocabulary to help them talk about their observations and to ask questions.
- Ensure adults know and use the widest vocabulary that they can, e.g. using the correct name for a plant or geographical feature.