Skip to content
- Understands their own and other people’s feelings, offering empathy and comfort
- Talks about their own and others’ feelings and behaviour and its consequences
- Attempts to repair a relationship or situation where they have caused upset and understands how their actions impact other people
- Is more able to manage their feelings and tolerate situations in which their wishes cannot be met
- Seeks support, “emotional refuelling” and practical help in new or challenging situations.
- Is aware of behavioural expectations and sensitive to ideas of justice and fairness
- Seeks ways to manage conflict, for example through holding back, sharing, negotiation and compromise