Skip to content
- Maintain consistency of key person relationships in the organisation of staffing
- Keep changes in group and routine to a minimum
- Ensure that observation and planning for children’s emotional needs is a central focus.
- Provide books, stories and puppets that can be used to model responding to others’ feelings and being helpful and supportive.
- Provide sufficient materials and duplicates of popular items to reduce conflict, e.g. ride on toys, construction toys, and several copies of the same book
- Create enough space and organise resources so that toddlers can play without becoming frustrated.
- Create calm spaces inside and out, for retreat and relaxation
- Offer play opportunities with open-ended materials.
- Provide for vigorous physical play.